Click to See our Site Map
All players will tryout in their age group unless previous written permission has been received from the DOC. Below are the criteria that will be used to determine whether permission to tryout in an older age group will be permitted.
1. School graduation year- the DOC will automatically allow anyone to try out in their school year group.
2. The best interests of the development of the player.
3. The best interests of the development of the other players in the club.
All of the above still require the player to tryout in their own age group and contact the DOC in advance.
The below criteria will be used to determine which team the player trying out up will play for.
1. The best interests of the player-
a. Projected playing time on the older team.
b. Physical suitability to play on the older team.
c. Social aspect of playing on either team.
2. The best interests of the other players-
a. Positive and negative impact on the other players on the younger and older teams.
The DOC, in discussion with the relevant coaches, will make the final determination of which team the player will be offered a place on.
Note: Players not requesting to tryout up may be encouraged to do so by the DOC if it is deemed to be in the player's best interest. Additionally, players not trying out or making the roster for an older team may still have opportunities to train and/or play with older teams throughout the season.